Should I look into Buying a Refurbished Phone?
30 Minute Repairs | Walk in or drop off | Guarantees / Warranties | Central London location
Investing in a mobile device can be a costly expense, especially if you’re looking around for a high-end smartphone device. Taking out contracts can be expensive. Furthermore, it’s estimated that six million people from the UK are paying their high monthly payments after finishing their contract.
A refurbished phone may be the ideal cost-effective solution for owning a high-end smartphone.
So what is a refurbished phone?
A refurbished phone isn’t an ordinary second-hand device. Phones are handed back to manufactures and retailers for various reasons and they are then checked, repaired and sold as a refurbished phone.
“A refurbished phone can easily save you hundreds of pounds compared to phones on contract. You will own the phone with the upfront cost and can get an incredible sim-only contract for a fraction of the price.”
Refurbished phones are becoming an increasingly popular alternative method for owning a phone because it has been professionally repaired and checked. Our team at Square Repair has years of experience in dealing with faulty phones.
We don’t see it as a job; we simply enjoy restoring a phone to perform to its full capabilities.
What are the disadvantages of refurbished phones?
- You may not be able to insure the phone even though some insurers happily cover a refurbed phone
- The warranty may be shorter than that of a new phone
Which is better used or refurbished cell phones?
When a phone is described as refurbished and you’re getting it from a trader on an auction site, an established retailer or a network, you can rest assured that it has been wiped, cleaned, tested and comes with warranty.
On the other hand, the term “used” is a bit hard to define so you have to be more cautious. Used phones are usually favoured by private sellers on auction sites. Plus, it could mean anything from being battered by frequent drops or a few scratches.
At Square Repair, all our refurbished phones are expected to meet our high standards:
- We categorise each device with different grades so you can fully understand the condition the phone is in. Grade A means it’s in immaculate condition whilst Grade C highlights a little wear.
- Unlike other retailers, every price of our refurbished phones includes a one year warranty. We take great pride in our work and if a fault arises, we want to be quick to rectify it.
- Our engineers have years of experience for refurbishing handsets. Before we even think about selling a device, it has to pass rigorous quality control and tests.